Gluten-free Mex-tex Cornbread Muffins
- Servings: 12
- Prep Time: 12 minutes
- Cook Time: 18 minutes
- Total Time: 30 minutes
|1¼ cups||Gluten-free Baking Mix, pamela's baking mix or bob redmill’s|
|1 cup||Yellow Cornmeal|
|⅓ cup||Sugar or Honey|
|2-4||Tbsps Canned Diced Green Chilies, if fresh, sauté them in the butter first|
|3 Tbsp||Melted Butter|
|1 cup||Frozen or Canned Corn, thawed and drained well|
|2 cups||Grated Cheese, reserve ~⅓ cup to sprinkle on top|
1. Beat eggs, add milk and beat again.
2. Add GF baking mix, cornmeal, sugar, salt and mix well.
3. Fold in green chilies, butter, corn and cheese (reserve about 1/3 cup to sprinkle on top.
4. Place liners into a 12 muffin tin. Fill paper liners almost full (gluten free batter does not rise as much as ordinary batter).
5. Sprinkle reserved cheese on top. Bake at 375° for 15-20 minutes.
Your friends and family will never know these fantastic muffins are gluten-free. They are mild but flavorful. Serve them with a Tabasco-butter mixture for an added kick. Freezes beautifully and reheats in just seconds in the microwave.