How To Make Big Fat Yeast Rolls
Submitted by: disneymagicchef | Source: Former Quincy's employee & roll maker at the restaurant
- Servings: Should make 24 to 30 rolls
- Prep Time: 1-1/2 hours (includes 2 rises)
- Cook Time: 10 to 15 minutes -- Check color
- Total Time: 1 hour & 45 minutes
|4-6 cups||All Purpose Flour, gold medal or pillsbury work best|
|⅓-½ cup||Sugar, i like mine sweet and buttery so i use ½ cup|
|2 Tbsp||Melted Butter or Margarine|
|2 Tbsp||Olive Oil|
|2½ Tbsp||Active Dry Yeast, rapid rise|
|2½ cups||Very Warm Water (between 120-130 Degrees) Remember You Are Using Rapid Rise Yeast, so temperature should be a little higher than normal|
1. In a large mixing bowl put 2 cups of the flour, yeast, sugar, and salt
Mix until combined
Slowly add warm water
Now start adding flour in 1/2 cup increments until you have a soft dough that begins to pull away from the sides of the bowl(about 2-2 1/2 more cups
2. Dump your dough onto a moderately floured cutting board or counter and begin to knead your dough until it forms a smooth ball adding flour to your hands and cutting board as needed to prevent sticking.
3. Cover your dough ball (just use mixing bowl you have greased to cut down on dishes) for about 15-20 minutes OR until your dough has nearly doubled in size (1st Rise)
4. On your floured counter, Pat or lightly roll your dough into a rough rectangle about 1 inch thick.
5. Divide the dough using your cutter or knife in one inch sections. Place with one of the cut sides UP on a buttered pan with sides slightly touching
6. Cover (use two plastic grocery bags) loosely and put in a warm place for 15-20 minutes OR until the rolls have doubled in size and the sides are touching completely. (2nd Rise)
DO NOT OVERPROOF.
7. Bake in a 400 DEGREE OVEN on the middle rack for 10-15 minutes or until golden brown.
Butter hot rolls and enjoy!
Split & Slathered with Honey Butter is PURE HEAVEN
THINGS YOU WILL NEED:
1. mixer w/ dough hook attachment.
2. measuring cup and spoons.
3. easy yeast roll recipe(included in this "how to".
4. large cookie sheet for baking.
5. pizza cutter or knife suitable for cutting dough.
6. a little patience :-) Smells so GOOD !! LOL