- Servings: 12
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Total Time: 55 minutes
|½ cup||Unsalted Butter, melted and cooled|
|2||Large Eggs, brought to room temperature|
|1 tsp||Vanilla Extract|
|Zest of 1/2 Orange|
|2⅓ cups||All-purpose Flour|
|2 tsp||Baking Powder|
|¼ tsp||Nutmeg, ground|
|1 cup||Strawberries, fresh, roughly chopped|
1. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
2. Whisk the melted butter, 1-1/4 cups sugar, salt, eggs, vanilla, and orange zest together in a bowl. Sift the flour, baking powder, nutmeg, and 1/2 tsp cinnamon over the butter mixture. Stir together.
3. Add the berries to the mix and gently fold a few times.
4. Add the buttermilk and gently mix together.
5. Scoop out the dough into paper-lined muffin pans. This will make 6 jumbo muffins or 12 standard sized muffins.
6. Combine the remaining 2 tbsp of cinnamon with the remaining 1/4 cup sugar and sprinkle on top of the muffins.
7. Bake for 20 minutes (for standard sized muffins) or for 35 minutes (for jumbo sized muffins).